Thursday, August 1, 2019

4a Sight words - Reading

Please note a change:  I placed Sight Words ahead of Phrase Cards. Before this student in the video, I had never worked with a student who didn’t know any sight words. We need to work on sight words, like the, before we go to phases, like the rat. The new improved lesson plan that is about to be unveiled will reflect this.  




This is definitely not the best example of how to work with sight words. When he gets stuck, I just give him the answers, and then I move on to the next one. I'm going way too fast.

What could I have done better? Post your suggestions in the comments!

Also, I'm using these giant sight word cards, which I happened to have lying around. If your student really struggles with sight words, you could make your own giant cards (lower-case, written in print). But normally we use the small printed cards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment